6-Week Pottery Course (Sat AM) 28th May 2022
Pottery Course | Sat 10:30–1:00pm | 8 weeks
28/May, 04/11/18/25June, 02/July
Ideal for beginners/intermediate level students, this is an 6-week course where you will learn hand building and taste of throwing.
Perfect to get some experience or enhance existing skills!
This course includes:
- Introduction to the material and the processes including in creating pottery.
- The introduction will also include safety talk
- You will be taught all about clay preparation
- Hand building techniques, Pinching, Coiling and Slab building
- Surface and slip decoration techniques
- Glazing technique
- Taste of Throwing and Trimming for intermediate
- More Throwing sessions for intermediate class
Throughout the course you will practice all these techniques by making a number of cups, bowls, mugs, vases, seasonal ornament and some other bits and pieces.
Course Fee £240 Plus Firing and material fee: £1per 100g
What to bring: an apron, face mask and your creativity!
This course might be extended due to uncertain circumstances.
If you are not be able to attend one of the classes, you cannot change the date or time.
Students and teachers are required to wear a mask for the duration of a class.
Cancellation fee will be applied from one week before the course starts.